Everything to do before your baby arrives
Posted on 08 August 2016
Between the internet and your (perhaps not-so) well meaning friends, there are far too many horror stories about how much life changes after you bring your baby into the world. And while they might be right, that doesn't mean you should spend your last weeks of pregnancy resigned to a life on your couch stressing about the inevitable. Instead, we recommend embracing everything that is so beautiful about late pregnancy, and live up these days as you so deserve to.
Here are our top things to do before your baby arrives (apologies to those on baby #2, 3 or 4 ... As you know too well, these simply don't apply when wielding a toddler).
- Get the best manicure and pedicure you can afford. Not only will it leave you feeling polished and put-together at perhaps the most unpolished time of your life, it's a beautiful, indulgent way to spend a couple of hours. (Just don't get Shellac, as who knows when you'll have an opportunity to get it taken off.)
- Stroll around with a (hot) coffee in hand. Just wander through anywhere that inspires you - be it a museum or the local Westfield (just ideally not the park - you'll spend enough time there) and enjoy some quiet solitude, with the best hot cup of coffee you can get your hands on.
- Eat in a fancy restaurant, and take your time. In fact, take too much time. Entree, main, dessert, second dessert - go for it.
- Go to the movies or the theatre - by yourself. Sounds odd, but you'll look back in wonder about doing something so wonderful all alone.
- Read, read, read. Nothing about babies or birth or pregnancy - but that great book that's been sitting on your bedside table for too long. Preferably in the sun, with a cup of tea in hand.
- Do a prenatal yoga class. Spend the time connecting to your breath and your little baby to be.
- Sleep in! (You didn't need us to tell you that one, did you?)
Gorgeous pic and outfit by Little Blonde Book.